How do I have tree branches picked up/chipped?

Redford Township does not currently offer a branch chipping service, as it was eliminated on May 1, 2010, as part of budget cuts. As an alternative, we suggest that residents who have a large number of branches that need chipping contact a local tree service company that can provide them with this service. Also, the local Redford Chamber of Commerce (phone number 313-535-0960) may have member tree service companies that they can recommend to you.

Another alternative (if you only have a small number of branches, twigs, or shrubs and they are less than 1½ inches in diameter) is to cut them into lengths of 4 feet or less and tie them into bundles (18 inches in diameter) or place them into yard waste receptacles. The bundles or receptacles cannot weigh more than 60 pounds and should be set next to your other yard waste receptacles. Landscape and tree service contractors are responsible for the removal of all tree materials remaining as a result of their work.

Show All Answers

1. What can I put in the new trash cart?
2. Should I place garbage in plastic bags before placing it in the refuse cart?
3. If my cart is full, what do I do with the additional garbage bags?
4. How can I purchase a second reuse or recycling cart?
5. Can I put yard waste into my refuse cart?
6. Can I put "bulky waste" in my refuse cart?
7. Where should I place my refuse and recycling cart for collection?
8. What if I have a problem with my new cart?
9. Will this solve our blight and rodent problems?
10. When will yard waste pickup begin, and how long will it last?
11. Why were my building materials, cement, or auto parts not picked up?
12. What can I do with my hazardous waste (paints, oils, pesticides, fertilizers, etc)?
13. How do I have tree branches picked up/chipped?
14. Why was my yard waste not picked up?
15. Why was my garbage not picked up?