- Public Services
- Central Maintenance
The Central Maintenance Department is a division of the Township's Public Services Department and is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of municipal buildings and grounds, the 13 Township parks, street sweeping, set up and clean up of special events/festivals/parades, special cleanup projects, delivery and set up of election voting equipment, maintenance, and repairs of all Township vehicles and any other duties that concern the general operation of the Township such as reporting non-working streetlights and traffic signals and street signs that need replacing to the appropriate responsible agencies.
The Central Maintenance Department works in coordination with GFL Environmental USA, the Township's private waste hauler, as to the weekly garbage, recycling, yard waste, and large or bulky item pickup services. This Department is also responsible for the cleanup of large amounts of items left in the right-of-ways of the Township left as a result of move-outs or evictions that our private waste hauler is not responsible for cleaning up.
In addition, the Central Maintenance Department also coordinates and runs any scheduled household hazardous and/or electronic waste collections in the Township.
About the Central Maintenance Department
The Central Maintenance Department is responsible for:
- Maintenance and upkeep of municipal buildings and grounds
- The Township's 13 parks
- Maintaining the baseball, softball, and soccer fields
- Setup and clean up the special events, festivals, parades
- Street sweeping and special cleanup projects
- Delivery and setup of election voting equipment
- Maintenance and repairs of all Township vehicles
- Working with the Township's private waste hauler, regarding the weekly garbage, recycling, compost/yard
- Waste and large or bulky item pickup services.
- Sponsoring and coordinating household hazardous waste collection day
- Sponsoring and coordinating electronic waste collection day
The staffing for this Department includes 1 mechanic and 2 maintenance workers