For employment opportunities and additional information, please visit the Redford Fire Department website.
Redford Township has provided fire protection to its residents since 1925 as a volunteer department. In 1955, the International Association of Fire Fighters Local 1206 was established. By 1960 the Redford Township Fire Department (RTFD) grew to include 23 full-time career Firefighters. Growing from responding out of the basement of the old Town Hall on 7 mile Road to 2019, we now consist of 3 fire stations throughout the Township with 2 front line engines, 1 commercial engine, a ladder truck, and 3 ALS Rescue squads. RTFD consists of 45 Firefighters / Paramedics, 1 Fire Marshall, 1 EMS Coordinator, 1 part-time department Aid, and the Fire Chief. Looking toward the future as run volume continues to increase, RTFD will work towards improving the services we provide through a fully staffed department.