Water & Sewer

The Water and Sewer department maintains approximately 1,020,000 feet of water mains, 850,000 feet of sewer lines, one combined sewer overflow basin, and 9 combined sewer overflows.

Water & Sewer Information

    In compliance with Public Act 222 of 2001, be advised of the following. Any resident experiencing an overflow or backup of a sewage disposal system or storm water system should immediately upon discovery, or in the exercise of reasonable diligence should have discovered, contact the Water Department at (313) 387-2670. If it is after normal business hours, contact the Redford Township Police Department at (313) 387-2553 and they will contact the Water Department foreman.
    You should also file a written claim with the Redford Township Water Department at 12200 Beech Daly, Redford, MI 48239, within 45 days of discovery of the overflow or backup. Failure to provide the required notice will limit your rights under the law. A claim form is available by calling the Water Department at (313) 387-2670. PLEASE NOTE: In order for a claim to be viable, the source of the problem must be the Municipal sewer. Problems caused by your property’s plumbing or in your sewer lead are your responsibility.
  • Who do I call if I find an illicit discharge or witness illegal dumping?
    If you witness an illicit discharge into the storm water system or witness an individual illegally dumping, you should contact the Wayne County Department of Environment’s 24 hour Hotline at (888) 223-2363 or at their website at www.waynecounty.com/doe. Examples of illicit discharges are sanitary wastewater (sewage); septic tank waste; car wash, laundry & industrial wastewaters; improper disposal of auto and household toxics (such as motor oil & pesticides); spills on roadways and other accidents; and connection to storm sewer, drain or ditch within State or County right-of-ways.

2015 Drinking Water Quality Report


DWSD Outreach Operation Clean Water YouTube Channel


FEMA Disaster Recovery Registration


Online Forms and Resources

Actions Affect Rouge
Catch Basin Care
Fertilizers and Lawns
Landscaping by Water
Maintain Septic Tanks
Natural Mulches
Pet Care and Animal Waste
Sewer Backup Claim Form

Back to Public Services Page

Action Center
The NEW "Action Center" allows citizens to maintain an open dialogue with their Township Government. Citizens can fill out and submit forms online to report incidents, provide feedback, request tours and more.
Click here to get started!



Electronic Payments for Tax and Water Bills

To pay via first class mail, please send to:
12200 Beech Daly Road
Redford, Michigan 48239

Important Numbers:

For general Information call the Clerk's Office
or the Supervisor's Office

For Parks and Recreation information call

Lost your pet, have a loose animal in the neighborhood or an animal not being taken care of?  Call Redford’s Animal Control
(313) 387-2565 (weekdays 8:30am-4:30pm)
or (313) 387-2551 (weekends and after hours)

For problems with Trash Pickup or Complaints call: Republic Waste (trash pickup complaints/questions)


Department of
Water & Sewer

Leo Snage Public Services Building
12200 Beech Daly,
Redford, Michigan, 48239
Point-to-Point Driving Directions

For General Information
or Scheduling Services,
(313) 387-2670

John Selmi
     Public Services Director,
     Water & Sewer Department

Lobby Hours:
Monday thru Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm


After Hours Emergencies
Contact the Police Department
(313) 387-2551