The Central Maintenance Department is a division of the Township's Public Services Department and is responsible for maintenance and upkeep of municipal buildings & grounds and the 13 Township parks, street sweeping, maintenance of alleys, placement of rodent bait boxes, set up & clean up of special events/festivals/parades, special cleanup projects, delivery & set up of election voting equipment, maintenance and repairs of all Township vehicles and any other duties that concern the general operation of the Township such as reporting non-working streetlights & traffic signals and street signs that need replacing to the appropriate responsible agencies.
The Central Maintenance Department works in coordination with Republic Services, the Township’s private waste hauler, as to the weekly garbage, recycling, yard waste & large or bulky item pickup services. This Department is also responsible for the cleanup of large amounts of items left in the right-of-ways of the Township left as a result of move outs or evictions that our private waste hauler is not responsible for cleaning up.
In addition, the Central Maintenance Department also coordinates and runs any scheduled household hazardous and/or electronic waste collections in the Township.
- Waiver Request for Rodent Control Box (.pdf)
- Branch Chipping
- Cardboard & Paperboard - How to Recycle
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Guidelines for Refuse, Recycling, yard Waste & Large or Bulky Items Collection (.pdf)
- Holiday Schedules for Collection of Trash, Recycling & Yard Waste (.pdf)
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection
- Household Trash, Recycling & Large or Bulky Item Pickup
- Missed Garbage, Recycling & Yard Waste Pickups
- Recycle Bins & Guidelines
- Rodent Bait Boxes
- Street Lights
- Street Signs
- Traffic Signals
- Yard Waste Collection
Township offices will be closed on Memorial Day, Monday, May 27th.
All areas of the Township will have a one day delay of trash, yard waste & recycling pickup the week of May 27th due to the Memorial Day.
Yard waste pickup begins the week of April 1, 2013, and will run thru the week of December 9, 2013
Household Hazardous Waste or Electronics Collections:
2013 Household Hazardous Waste Collections