Important Park picnic and rental information:
- Township ordinance requires any groups of 20 or more to obtain a permit from the Leisure Services Office. Groups that do not obtain a permit will be unable to picnic. Please see full Picnic guidelines for pricing and information or call the Leisure Services Office
- Handy Park only permits 2 areas for groups of 20 or more to use the park at one time, if those areas are rented, no other large groups are able to be accommodated on that date.
- All tables located in front of the Splashpad are for public use only and cannot be used for private parties. Tables must be kept separated and not able to be grouped together.
- Grills are permitted in Township Parks, HOWEVER they must be at least 3 feet off the ground and charcoal cannot be disposed in the park. (ie. NO table top or hibachi type grills)
Splashpad hours are:
Friday, Saturday and Sunday from Noon-7pm.
*The splashpad will also be open on days when the NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE predicts temperatures of 90 degrees or higher.
We provide and supervise Athletic Programs, Township Parks, Ice Arena, Leisure Programs and Holiday Events.
- Park open from 6:00am to 11:00pm.
- No fireworks.
- Fires are permitted only in picnic grills.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times. Owners are responsible for removal of waste.
- No litter, loitering, or destruction of park area or property.
- Dumping of household waste prohibited.
- No motor vehicles permitted in the park other than in the parking lot.
- Peddling/soliciting is prohibited without a permit.
- Playing of loud music will not be permitted.
- No abusive language or behavior.
Any infraction of duly adopted park rules constitutes a misdemeanor or civil infraction and is punishable by law.
The Redford Township Parks Maintenance Department is responsible for all maintenance, equipment installation, repairs and daily preparation of all 13 parks in Redford Township. This includes maintenance of 100 acres of grass area, picnic areas, concession stands, softball fields, baseball fields, little league fields, soccer fields, play structures, swings and other equipment located within the Redford Township Park system.
Class & Event refund policy and waivers:
Participants hereby waive all claims for compensation for injury received while participation in any activity sponsored by the Charter Township of Redford Leisure Services Department, its employees, or representatives.
NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN AFTER THE SECOND CLASS HAS BEEN RAN. An administrative fee of $10 will be withheld on all refunds, plus the prorated cost of the first class. Only classes cancelled by Leisure Services will be refunded in full.
A $20 Fee will be charged on all checks returned for insufficient funds. Also, no refunds for one day programs and special events.
Leisure Services Classes
Mini Fitness Session with Belinda
North Pole Calls
Why I Love Winter Essay Contest
Red Wings MRPA Nights 2013
Parks Commission Speaker
The next speaker for the Parks Commission series is Amy Karaban and is being held at a regular meeting of the Parks Commission, Monday, May 13th, 7 p.m., at the Redford Community Center, 12121 Hemingway, 48239. I am excited about the information we can potentially get from her to potentially apply in the Township here. The public is encouraged to attend.
Amy Karaban is the Assistant Director for Civic Engagement at the University of Michigan-Dearborn. In this role, she has had the opportunity to build social change based leadership programs, and infrastructure for service - allowing students to engage in the community. Most recently, she developed a student food pantry for students struggling to make ends meet. Karaban earned her Bachelor's degree from Michigan Sate University, her Masters degree from Eastern Michigan University in Educational Leadership and is currently a doctoral student at Michigan State University studying Higher, Adult and Lifelong Education.
She will be speaking about creating visions for change, and then utilizing goal setting and other strategic planning techniques to make the vision a reality. She will also touch on teaching leadership through vision development, building confidence and self-esteem in young females, and ideas and lessons learned for communicating event information.
Click here to see about the Parks Commission seeking public comment and participation.
Redford Little League:
"BOYS and GIRLS are OFF the STREETS and in THEIR GAME"
Fall/Winter Adult & Teen Classes
Draft For Public Review:
- Charter Township of Redford Recreation Master Plan Part 1
- Charter Township of Redford Recreation Master Plan Part 2
ATTENTION HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Leisure Services Department Shelter & Picnic Area Policies and Requirements
For residents pavilion/park rentals begin on March 1, 2012 and for non-residents rentals begin on April 2, 2012.
|Ball Diamond Usage Policy
Click here for details
|Free Tutoring/Homework Help
Click here for details
Fitness Center & Weight Room
|Redford Youth Commission|
2012-2016 REDFORD TOWNSHIP PARK COMMISSION
|Dennis Bauer||Vice Chairperson|
Park Commission Meeting Minutes