Reminder: Park rentals for the season begin March 1st for Residents and April 3rd for non-residents
- All rentals must be done in person in the Leisure Services Office with valid ID.
- Both fee and security deposit are due upon booking. Fee can be made in cash, check or charge, security deposit in cash or charge only. The season books on a first come, first serve basis. Any groups of 20 or more must reserve an area in order to be in the park. Please note some spaces are for rentals only.
Important Park Picnic and Rental Information:
Township ordinance requires any groups of 20 or more to obtain a permit from the Leisure Services Office. Groups that do not obtain a permit will be unable to picnic. Please see full Picnic guidelines for pricing and information or call the Leisure Services Office.
Shelter & Picnic Area Policies and Requirements
- Handy Park only permits 2 areas for groups of 20 or more to use the park at one time, if those areas are rented, no other large groups are able to be accommodated on that date.
- All tables located in front of the Splashpad are for public use only and cannot be used for private parties. Tables must be kept separated and not able to be grouped together.
- Grills are permitted in Township Parks, HOWEVER they must be at least 3 feet off the ground and charcoal cannot be disposed in the park. (ie. NO table top or hibachi type grills).
**IMPORTANT: At this time Redford Township does not allow any inflatables or dunk tanks in our parks**
Splashpad Hours Are:
The Splashpad at Hnady Park is open Thursday-Monday of each week (CLOSED TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY) from 12-7pm.
*The splashpad will also be open on days when the NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE predicts temperatures of 90 degrees or higher.
Please note any groups of 10 or more that wish to use the splashpad must obtain prior authorization from the Leisure Services Department at 313-387-2650
- Park open from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- No fireworks.
- Fires are permitted only in picnic grills.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times. Owners are responsible for removal of waste.
- No litter, loitering, or destruction of park area or property.
- Dumping of household waste prohibited.
- No motor vehicles permitted in the park other than in the parking lot.
- Peddling/soliciting is prohibited without a permit.
- Playing of loud music will not be permitted.
- No abusive language or behavior.
Any infraction of duly adopted park rules constitutes a misdemeanor or civil infraction and is punishable by law.
The Redford Township Parks Maintenance/Central Maintenance and DPS Departments are responsible for all maintenance, equipment installation, repairs and daily preparation of all 12 parks and numerous athletic fields in Redford Township. This includes maintenance of 100 acres of grass area, picnic areas, concession stands, softball fields, baseball fields, little league fields, soccer fields, play structures, swings and other equipment located within the Redford Township Park system. To report concerns or broken equipment please go to SEECLICKFIX.com, then to Report it Redford.
[Click here to read more, including Redford Township Parks Addresses, Locations & Amenities]
Class & Event Refund Policy and Waivers
All participants must have a current waiver on file in order to participate in classes or activities. Participants hereby waive all claims for compensation for injury received while participation in any activity sponsored by the Charter Township of Redford Leisure Services Department, its employees, volunteers or representatives. There are no refunds on any special events, one day classes, fitness room memberships or other programs as denoted. Also, no refunds will be given after the second scheduled class. An administrative fee of $10 will be withheld on all refunds, plus the prorated cost of the first class. Only classes cancelled by Leisure Services will be refunded in full. A $20 Fee will be charged on all checks returned for insufficient funds. Payment for insufficient funds must be paid in full by cash or credit card only. Please note any refunds or deposits that are processed will be returned in the form of a check regardless of the original form of payment.