Redford Township has provided fire protection to its residents since 1925 as a volunteer department. By 1960 the department grew to include 23 full time career firefighters and in 1955, the International Association of Fire Fighters Local 1206 was established. Growing from responding from the basement of the old town hall on 7 mile Rd to now 3 fire stations throughout the township with 2 front line engines, 1 commercial engine and 2 ALS Rescue squads. RTFD consists of 36 firefighter / paramedics, 1 Fire Inspector, 1 EMS Coordinator 1 part time department aid and the Fire Chief. Looking toward the future as run volume continues to increase, RTFD will work towards improving the services we provide through increased staffing and possibly adding a 3rd rescue squad.