The 17th District Court is committed to ensuring a judicial system that is both understandable and accessible to the public we serve. We pledge equality and fairness to all. In order to achieve our mission we shall utilize all available resources and technology. We will combine the dedication, cooperation and integrity of our Staff with the leadership of our Judges, Magistrates and Administrators to provide quality service in all facets of our Court System.
- History of the 17th District Court
- Biography of the Honorable Karen Khalil
- Biography of the Honorable Charlotte L. Wirth
Effective June 1, 2011, the 17th District Court will no longer allow cells phones in the courthouse. The only exceptions will be for attorneys and on-duty police officers.
Pay Traffic Citations issued in Redford Township by Credit Card click here for more information or follow the instructions below:
- Dial 1.800.272.9829
- Select Option 3
- Enter the following jurisdiction code for the 17th District Court: 3240
- Follow the messages, inputting data where necessary
- Wait for confirmation number
- Go to www.officialpayments.com
- Select Local Payment and enter the following zip code: 48239
- Select the 17th District Court Payment type you wish to make.
- Submit the Payment
- Wait for a confirmation number
Closings for 2013
THE 17TH DISTRICT COURT WILL OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING HOLIDAYS FOR 2013
|Tuesday January 1, 2013||New Year's Day|
|Monday January 11, 2013||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day|
|Monday February 18, 2013||President's Day|
|Monday, May 27, 2013||Memorial Day|
|Thursday July 7, 2013||Independence Day|
|Monday September 2, 2013||Labor Day|
|Monday November 11, 2013||Veteran's Day|
|Thursday November 28, 2013||Thanksgiving Day|
|Friday November 29, 2013||Day after Thanksgiving Day|
|Tuesday December 24, 2013||Christmas Eve|
|Wednesday December 25, 2013||Christmas Day|
|Tuesday December 31, 2013||New Year's Eve|
|Wednesday, January 1, 2014||New Year's Day|
Administration & Organization
- Court Administration: Responsible for personnel and fiscal management, juror coordination, maintenance of case flow and docket management.
- Criminal: Maintains criminal record keeping systems and the processing and scheduling of all misdemeanor and felony criminal offenses.
- Traffic & Ordinance: Responsible for maintaining court records on all traffic, ordinance and municipal civil infractions and the processing and scheduling of these cases (more information).
- Civil Division: Maintains records on general civil, landlord/tenant and small claims cases and the scheduling and processing of these cases.
- Probation Department: Responsible for the supervision and counseling referral of defendants placed on probation. The Probation Department also performs drug testing, breathalyzer testing, conducts alcohol assessments and presentence investigations (more information).