All rentals must follow MDHHS guidelines, restriction and protocols. Rental capacities will only be allowed based on current guidelines at the time of booking.
Reminder: Park rentals for each season begin on March 1st (or the first weekday of March) for redford Residents and April 1st (or the first weekday in April) for non-residents.
- All rentals must be done in person in the Leisure Services Office with valid ID.
- Both fee and security deposit are due upon booking. Fee can be made in cash, check or charge, security deposit in cash or charge only. The season books on a first come, first serve basis. Any groups of 20 or more must reserve an area in order to be in the park. Please note some spaces are for rentals only.
Important Park Picnic and Rental Information:
Township ordinance requires any groups of 20 or more to obtain a permit from the Leisure Services Office. Groups that do not obtain a permit will be unable to picnic. Please see full Picnic guidelines for pricing and information or call the Leisure Services Office.
Shelter & Picnic Area Policies and Requirements
- Handy Park only permits 2 areas for groups of 20 or more to use the park at one time, if those areas are rented, no other large groups are able to be accommodated on that date.
- All tables located in front of the Splashpad are for public use only and cannot be used for private parties. Tables must be kept separated and not able to be grouped together.
- Grills are permitted in Township Parks, HOWEVER they must be at least 3 feet off the ground and charcoal cannot be disposed in the park. (ie. NO table top or hibachi type grills).
**IMPORTANT: At this time Redford Township does not allow any inflatables or dunk tanks in our parks**
Splashpad at Handy Park:
*PLEASE NOTE DUE MDHHS GUIDELINES THE SPLASHPAD IS NOT CURRENTLY OPEN FOR THE 2021 SEASON- THE SPLASHPAD WILL REOPEN PER WAYNE COUNTY GUIDELINES WHEN ALLOWED.
- Open Memorial through Labor Day (weather permitting)
- Water Shoes Recommended
- Proper Swimwear required
- No glass or food allowed in the spray area
- No skateboards, in-line skates or bicycles permitted
- No running in the spray area
- Adult supervision is recommended for children 12 & under
- Climbing on structures is strictly prohibited
- Groups of 10 or more must get prior approval from the Leisure Services office before using
- Absolutely no water toys, cups, etc. are allowed in the spray area at any time
- Maximum recommended capacity: 50
- Park open 6am to dusk. (Unless a Township approved activity/event)
- Groups of 20 or more are required to obtain a park permit from the Leisure Services Office. There are some areas that are by permit only regardless of group size.
- The following are prohibited in Township Parks: Fireworks; littering; loitering; golf; inflatables; livestock/farm/wild animals; destruction of park property and dumping of household waste.
- Fires are permitted only in picnic grills. All coals must be disposed of proper receptacles and must not be dumped on grass or in parking lots.
- Animals must be on a leash and under the physical control of their owner at all times. Leashes must be no longer than 6 feet. Owners are responsible for removal of waste.
- Motorized vehicles are only permitted in the parking lot. No parking or driving on pathways or grass.
- Peddling/soliciting is prohibited without a permit.
- Playing of loud music will not be permitted.
- No abusive language or behavior.
- Smoking of marihuana or consumption of marihuana products is not permitted in Redford Township Parks. Furthermore, the sale or transfer of marihuana, marihuana equipment or accessories, and marihuana-infused products is prohibited in any Redford Township Park.
Any infraction of duly adopted park rules constitutes a misdemeanor or civil infraction and is punishable by law.
Class & Event Refund Policy and Waivers
All participants must have a current waiver on file in order to participate in classes or activities. Participants hereby waive all claims for compensation for injury received while participation in any activity sponsored by the Charter Township of Redford Leisure Services Department, its employees, volunteers or representatives. There are no refunds on any special events, one day classes, fitness room memberships or other programs as denoted. Also, no refunds will be given after the second scheduled class. An administrative fee of $10 will be withheld on all refunds, plus the prorated cost of the first class. Only classes cancelled by Leisure Services will be refunded in full. A $20 Fee will be charged on all checks returned for insufficient funds. Payment for insufficient funds must be paid in full by cash or credit card only. Please note any refunds or deposits that are processed will be returned in the form of a check regardless of the original form of payment.
Only classes cancelled by Leisure Services will be refunded in full. Classes that are cancelled due to “an act of God or pandemic” will be credited only to your account to be used at a later date.