Clerks Office

Redford Town Hall
15145 Beech Daly Road
Redford Township, MI 48239

Mon - Fri   8:30am-4:30pm

Phone:  313-387-2750
Email:  clerk@redfordtwp.com

Please fill out the form to the right to be added to the Permanant AV List. When there is an election the application for a ballot will be automatically sent to you. You must return the signed application to receive the ballot.      Thank you


Freedom of Information Center

Section 1(2) of the Act states:

It is the public policy of the state that all persons, except those persons incarcerated in state or local correctional facilities, are entitled to full and complete information regarding the affairs of government and the official acts of those who represent them as public officials and public employees, consistent with this act.  The people shall be information so that they may fully participate in the democratic process.

There are forms available in the clerk's office to request information through the Freedom of Information Act.


Back to Top

Copies of Ordinances for Public Viewing

All ordinances are available for viewing int he Clerk's Office.  This includes:  all Charter Township of Redford codified ordinances (which are assessable through the webiste), 152N; the Planning and Zoning ordinance (including the Planning and Zoning map) and the Michigan Traffic Code (which can be viewed online in the Clerk's Office).  

Ordinance Links

Code           Zoning


Back to Top

Record Keeper for the Township

Prepares, posts and distributes agendas for:  public hearings, study sessions, board and special meetings, minutes of all board meetings.


Back to Top

Township Map's

Redford Township map w/ street index: $2  or free to residents.

Precinct map: $2

Available for pick-up in the Clerk's Office


Back to Top

Hosts All Bid Openings

Township Hall at 3:00 p.m. Thursdays (when bids are required)

The Charter Township of Redford is partnering with IPT by BidNet as part of the Michigan Inter-governmental Trade Network and we post all of our bids, addendum, and awards through this convenient online system.  As a vendor, you can register with MITN and be sure that you see all available bids and opportunities.  By selecting automatic bid notification, your company will receive emails anytime the Township has a bid opportunity that matches your company's business.  In addition, the site handles bid opportunities, RFPs, and RFQs for other member governmental agencies as well.

The Michigan Inter-Governmental Trade Network


Back to Top

Voter Registration

Forms are available in the Clerk's office to register to vote.  You must certify that you are:

  • A citizen of the United States
  • A resident of the State of Michigan and will be at least a 30 day resident of your township by Election Day
  • Will be at least 18 years of age by Election Day
  • Authorize cancellation of any previous registration
  • The information you provide is true to the best of your knowledge under penalty of perjury.  If you have provided false information, you may be subject to fine or imprisonment or both under Federal or State law


Back to Top

Absentee Ballot Program

If you would like to have your name placed on the Permanent Absentee Apllication/Ballot Voter (AV) list, please contact the Clerk's Office.  Being on the permanent AV list will generate an application to be sent to you automatically prior to any election being held in Redford Township. A voter can only get a ballot in the jurisdicition they are registered in. You must fill out the AV application and return it before a ballot will be sent to you.

To obtain an application/ballot for any election you want to be absent from your polling location on election day;

You may walk-in to the Clerk’s Office and fill out the AV application.

A voter may only request and receive his/her ballot. One ballot per person, you will never be given a ballot for someone other than yourself.


By mail; contact the Clerk's office to send you an AV application or download the AV application from the HOME page of this website. Fill out the application, sign the application and return it to the clerk's office. You must fill out the AV application and return it before a ballot will be sent.

Signatures are verifed with the signature captured by the SOS prior to sending you a ballot.


Back to Top

Business License Application

The Township licenses the following businesses:

If you are considering starting a new business, visit the Small Business Administration website:  www.sba.gov/mi.

To get an assumed name you need to contact Wayne County at 313-224-5540 or www.waynecounty.com.

Find out if you need a license from the State of Michigan at www.michigan.gov.  Click on Licensing, Certification and Permits.


Back to Top

Issues Garage Sale Permits

The cost of a license is $5.00

Licensing Information

  • Two (2) sales will be permitted per household per year.  Each license issued will be valid for six (6) consecutive days from the start date, even if you plan to only hold the sale for less than six days.  The second license can be applied for after three (3) months.
  • The application contains an affidavit attesting that all the items being offered for sale are the property of the license holder.
  • The license issued must be placed on a sign visibly displayed on the front of the property, where the sale is being conducted.
  • "No sale shall be conducted for a time period longer than six (6) consecutive days for each license issued, except in extenuating circumstances caused by acts of God such as snow, rain or other natural phenomena.  The township clerk will have the discretion to extend the number of days so the actual sale can be conducted for six (6) days."  Sec. 66-31.  Conditions of licensing, Para (d)

Sign Regulations

  • Advertisements of such sales cannot be located on utility poles, traffic signs or trees, located within the County right-of-way.  Any signs advertising the event must be removed within 24 hours of the sale, or a fine will be imposed for each one found in violation.  (Ordinance #120 and #223)
  • One (1) sign is permitted in the ground on the county right-of-way, provided it is on a stake or wire and is not of unreasonable size as to create a distraction or a traffic hazard
  • All signs must contain the permit number, the dates of the sale and address.  Any sign, not containing this information, will be removed
  • Signs posted on private property must have the permission of the resident.  Although the right-of-way is County property, homeowners who maintain that portion of the property in front of their homes have the right to grant you temporary permission to put up a sign, and their approval is required.  Any complaints received where permission was not granted will result in a violation of the ordinance, and immediate removal of the sign


Back to Top